Tuesday, February 28th 2023
- 2 medium-sized tilapia, cleaned and scaled
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ginger, sliced
- 2-3 green chili peppers (siling haba)
- 1 red chili pepper (siling labuyo)
- 1 cup malunggay leaves or spinach
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot or pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Sauté the garlic, onions, and ginger until fragrant.
- Add the sliced chili peppers and stir for a few seconds.
- Pour in the coconut milk and water. Stir to combine.
- Add the tilapia into the pot and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 10-15 minutes or until the tilapia is cooked through.
- Add the malunggay leaves or spinach and cook for another 1-2 minutes or until wilted.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.
You can adjust the amount of chili peppers based on your preferred level of spiciness. You can also add other vegetables like eggplant, okra, or squash for a heartier meal. Enjoy!