Monday, February 27th 2023
Here's a suggested 3-day itinerary for Venice:
- Morning: Start your day with a visit to St. Mark's Square, the heart of Venice. Here you can see the stunning architecture of St. Mark's Basilica and the Doge's Palace. Be sure to arrive early to beat the crowds.
- Afternoon: Take a stroll through the winding streets and picturesque canals of the San Polo and Santa Croce neighborhoods. Stop for lunch at one of the many trattorias or osterias in the area.
- Evening: Head to the Rialto Bridge for sunset and enjoy the views over the Grand Canal. Then, head to one of the many bacari (traditional Venetian bars) for some cicchetti (small plates of food) and a glass of wine.
- Morning: Take a vaporetto (water bus) to the island of Murano, famous for its glassblowing. Visit one of the many glass factories and watch the artisans at work.
- Afternoon: Return to Venice and visit the Ca' d'Oro, a beautiful palace that now houses an art museum. Take a walk along the Fondamenta della Misericordia, a lively street full of bars and restaurants.
- Evening: Explore the Cannaregio neighborhood, home to many local Venetians. Stop for dinner at a traditional osteria and try some of the local specialties, such as sarde in saor (sweet and sour sardines).
- Morning: Take a vaporetto to the island of San Giorgio Maggiore, which offers stunning views of Venice. Visit the church and climb the bell tower for panoramic views of the city.
- Afternoon: Visit the Peggy Guggenheim Collection, a museum of modern art housed in a beautiful palazzo on the Grand Canal. Stroll through the nearby Dorsoduro neighborhood and stop for lunch at one of the many charming cafes.
- Evening: Head to the Lido, a long, narrow island that separates Venice from the Adriatic Sea. Enjoy a sunset stroll along the beach and have dinner at one of the many seafood restaurants.
Of course, this is just a suggested itinerary and you can always adjust it to fit your interests and preferences. Venice is a city full of surprises and there's always something new to discover.